Jump to Navigation

DSS Cases

The Department of Social Services

The people at the Department of Social Services (DSS) try their best to regulate family and child-abuse related issues. The problem is that they are understaffed, undertrained and overworked, so in many cases, they start legal processes that end up with good, innocent people losing their kids.

I am a Clemson DSS trouble attorney with more than 25 years of experience. When the DSS takes your children away or causes you other problems with your family life, I can help defend you. From my South Carolina law firm office, I give my clients honest and simple answers to their questions and fight for their rights.

DSS Treatment Plans

It's a common story:

A complaint is made and DSS officials show up. They try to convince the parent or parents to sign a treatment plan that includes signing off their kids into DSS custody.

People in this situation often think there is nothing they can do, because the DSS seems to have all the power and authority. You should know that the DSS does not have the power to simply take your kids away:

  • The agreement is not mandatory: DSS does not have the legal power to force you to sign the treatment plan.
  • It's only an agreement: If you sign the treatment plan, you are not locked in permanently. You can change your mind down the road, and DSS must take it to court, where you will have a chance to fight to regain custody.
  • With early intervention, I can help you retain custody: If you call me immediately, I can work with you and with the DSS representatives to help you keep your children.

Many people think that DSS makes all the decisions and has all the power. But they have the power only if you sign off on it. You need to know what you're doing. Talk to a lawyer immediately.

Clemson Department of Social Services Help Lawyer ∙ Free Consultations

I offer a free initial phone consultation, because you should know your rights when it comes to DSS intervention in your family's life. I might be able to help you get your kids back, so call me or send me an e-mail for more information.

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Our Blog | Oconee County (SC) DUI/DWI
  • Visa Logo
  • MasterCard Logo
  • American Express Logo
  • Discover Logo

Office Locations

S. Paul Aaron
Attorney at Law

422 College Avenue
Clemson, SC 29631
Phone: 864-551-4370
Toll Free: 888-805-5086
Fax: 864-722-9293
Map and Directions
Email the Firm

Seneca office
1606 Blue Ridge Boulevard
Seneca, SC 29672
Phone: 864-551-4370
Toll Free: 888-805-5086
Fax: 864-882-5241
Map and Directions
Email the Firm

Easley office
708 West Main Street
Easley, SC 29640
Phone: 864-551-4370
Toll Free: 888-805-5086
Fax: 864-859-9916
Map and Directions
Email the Firm