Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-551-4370 Real Estate 864-501-9579

Act quickly if you fall behind with child support

Keeping up with child support obligations can be a challenge and it is one that parents in South Carolina are not always able to meet. Unfortunately, the further behind with payments you fall, the worse things get. Furthermore, unlike other debts, child support obligations cannot be discharged by filing for bankruptcy. As the amount you owe grows, you could face the suspension of your driving license, or even be taken to jail.

However, if you feel that you are unable to make your monthly payments, it is vital to report the matter as quickly as possible. Child support obligations are not intended to ruin your life. After all, it is far better for your child to receive some financial support than none at all and it does not benefit anyone to have you put in a position where you cannot work to pay off your debts.

As this article on child support explains, you may be able to file for a modification to your support obligations. The court will take your circumstances into account and may be able to review your monthly payments. By doing this, you are showing your willingness to do your bit, while also looking out for your own well-being.

It may seem like a lot to take on, but an attorney may be able to help you. He or she can evaluate your circumstances and may be able to assist you in ensuring that the court understands why you are struggling to keep up with payments. Your attorney may also be able to help you seek other forms of assistance with the cost of living.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-501-9579
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us