Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-551-4370 Real Estate 864-501-9579

Why you should modify child support

If two parents have ended their relationship or marriage, it is possible that a child custody battle will follow the separation. When courts choose to award one parent custody of his or her child, they may also decide that the other parent is to pay child support. While courts have guidelines they follow when it comes to determining the amount of child support that is to be paid, there are times when guidelines can be deviated from to positively benefit the child.

There are cases where the amount the courts have ordered a former spouse to pay in child support may not be enough. As children grow, their needs change, so the amount of child support may need to change as well. If you find that your child may need more support, then you may want to request a modification in child support.

In order for this to happen, there must be evidence that the child's needs have increased. For example, if your child's educational expenses change or there are medical expenses. When it comes time to prove that support needs to be increased, you may find it helpful to hire an attorney to assist. With child support attorneys being knowledgeable of these types of issues, they may be able to get your child the support he or she deserves.

If you are experiencing issues with child support, a South Carolina child support attorney at Aaron & Aaron may be able to assist. Your child deserves to be taken care of by both parents, and if child support payments will help with that, the other parent should also be responsible for ensuring their child has what he or she needs.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-501-9579
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us