Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-551-4370 Real Estate 864-501-9579

Why a parent may request to modify visitation rights

People run into various family law issues throughout the year, so it is not uncommon for two parents to find themselves disagreeing over child custody. These disagreements over child custody may not always be easy to deal with, but there is a way that these types of disputes can be resolved and allow both parents to have an equal amount of time with their child. While that outcome would be ideal, it doesn't always end that way.

When parents cannot agree on a custody arrangement for their child, they may end up taking their dispute in front of a judge. After reviewing several factors, the judge will be the one to decide who gets what type of child custody. Letting the judge decide doesn't always end well, as one parent may only be awarded visitation while the other gets full custody.

If one parent finds that the custody arrangement the courts decided on is not necessarily the best for them or the child, they may wish to modify the visitation rights. Oftentimes, this is an effort for the parent to spend more time with the child, which may be in the child's best interests. Knowing this, the judge may decide to re-examine certain factors and allow the modification.

Anyone experiencing a dispute over child custody may want to contact an attorney. There are knowledgeable attorneys out there who can assist with your case and with one by your side, you may have a better chance at proving to the courts that you deserve to see your child more. Child custody cases can be emotional and trying, but luckily, you do not have to go through this difficult situation alone.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-501-9579
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us