Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-551-4370 Real Estate 864-501-9579

Failure to pay child support should be reported

Regardless of whether it was planned, when two people have a child together, that child is the responsibility of both parties. If the parents choose to live separate lives, it is likely that they will have to address the issue of child custody and support. There are many ways to divide support and custody, but should one parent be awarded custody, the other may have to pay child support. This may be a decision that the noncustodial parent disagrees with, and they may choose not to make their monthly child support payments. It is then that the custodial parent should take action and inform the courts of the parent's failure to make payments.

Child-support is something that is court ordered, so parents are required to make payments when it is decided how much they are to pay on a monthly basis. Even if they do not agree with the court's decision, the child is their responsibility, so it is only fair that they are contributing financially, as well as in other ways. However, some parents may make excuses and do anything they can to avoid making these payments.

Should the noncustodial parent fail to make payments, the custodial parent should strongly consider reporting their failure to pay to the courts. Raising a child is expensive, and it is not something that one parent should have to do alone. Reporting a parent's failure to pay child support will hopefully help the child get the money they deserve and allow the custodial parent to care for them properly.

When dealing with any child custody or child support issue, parents should seek legal assistance. These types of cases can be difficult to deal with alone, so parents should have someone by their side during the process. An attorney at Aaron and Aaron may be able to assist with your child support case and get your child the money they deserve.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-501-9579
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us