Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-551-4370 Real Estate 864-501-9579

You deserve to receive alimony permanently

Divorce can be a difficult thing for people to bounce back from. Emotions are running high, lives are changing and there is no telling how difficult or simple the process could be for those divorcing. Along with possibly having to move out of the marital home and divide property with your former spouse, you may also have to deal with the issue of alimony and convincing the courts that you deserve to receive spousal support until you are able to become financially independent or, in some cases, permanently.

Sometimes, one spouse makes more than the other, so when the marriage has ended, the higher-wage earner has little to no difficulty supporting his or herself, while their former spouse is left struggling. This is unfair, especially when the spouse who has decided not to work contributes to the marriage and household in other ways. For example, taking care of the children, cooking, cleaning and more. In many cases, this is seen as a job and a judge will award alimony to this spouse, but it may only be for a certain period of time. This is helpful, but when the money stops coming in because the judge has only awarded it for a short period of time, that spouse will start to experience financial difficulties.

Many people do make the decision to not work and let their spouse take care of the family's finances, but there are others who have no choice. For example, those with certain types of disabilities may not be able to work outside the home. Since they are used to a particular standard of living they cannot maintain on their own after the divorce, they should make it a point to convince the courts that they need alimony permanently.

When one spouse requests alimony, it is most likely because they will need help getting back on their feet after the divorce, but there is a chance they will need it permanently due to certain circumstances. Those who feel as though they deserve spousal support and will need a little assistance after their divorce should contact an attorney to discuss their options. An attorney at Aaron & Aaron may be able to help.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-501-9579
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us