Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-271-5545 Real Estate 864-878-3066

December 2015 Archives

Can my spouse use collusion to prevent our divorce?

In the state of South Carolina, there are certain requirements that must be met in order for married couples to receive a divorce judgment. There is the obvious residency requirement, a waiting period and the grounds for a divorce that must be identified in order to file for and receive a divorce. For most divorcing couples, meeting these requirements is relatively easy, especially considering that no-fault can be used as grounds for divorce. For couples that both agreed to divorce, these simple requirements are great. However, when one spouse contests the divorce, they may try to use collusion to stop the proceedings.

Does a divorce mean I give back the ring?

Moving on after divorce is difficult when you are surrounded with things that remind you of your marital struggles. Nothing represents your previous relationship quite like your engagement ring and wedding band. While after the divorce you may not be required to return the rings to your ex, doing so may help you heal faster. However, regardless of property division or what is right, the choice is yours.

How do a summary divorce and traditional divorce differ?

Every day there are couples who make the decision to file for divorce. It may have been a difficult decision to make, but at the end of the day, for some, there is really no other option. Even though couples may have different reasons for why they are choosing to end their marriage when it comes to how they want to end it, they only have so many options, and that includes a summary divorce and a traditional divorce.

Parents should work together to resolve custody disputes

One of the most difficult things for parents to deal with when getting divorced is child custody. When relationships come to an end, and there are children involved, there is a chance that parents will disagree about how they will handle child custody. Even though they have the option to work together to figure out an arrangement, some parents choose to battle it out in court and let the judge decide for them. With this not always being the best decision because of a judge possibly ruling in favor of the other parent, parents should work together to find a solution that works for both of them and also benefits the child.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-878-3066
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us