Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-271-5545 Real Estate 864-878-3066

February 2016 Archives

Can child support payments be modified in South Carolina?

After parents end their relationships or divorce, child support normally becomes part of their lives. Most parents do not begrudge the payments, as they know their importance in their children's lives. Unfortunately, some parents find themselves struggling to make their court-ordered payments due to job losses or other unexpected events. If you are in a similar situation, you can request that a South Carolina family court modify your child support payments. 

Determining the division of assets in a South Carolina divorce

In South Carolina, as in most other states, property is to be divided between spouses equitably. The equitable division of assets means that marital property should be divided fairly, which does not necessarily mean equally. Below you will find more information about what the state's equitable distribution law could mean to you.

Understanding family court jurisdiction in South Carolina

In the state of South Carolina, matters related to family law are heard in family court. A state statute enacted in 1976 established the family court system, and, since that time, it has had jurisdiction over a wide range of matters, from domestic and family relationships to divorce and marriage. If you are unsure about whether your case will be heard in family court, you may find the following information helpful.

Helping you assert your father's rights in South Carolina

The law firm of Aaron & Aaron is a full-service family law firm, which allows our clients to seek our guidance for all of their related legal needs. In fact, part of our practice is in an area of the law most people in South Carolina do not consider until the needs arise -- father's rights. If you are a father facing a divorce or fighting a child custody battle and you have questions about father's rights, our attorneys can provide the answers.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-878-3066
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us