Aaron & Aaron, Attorneys at Law
Call today to speak to an attorney
Call today to speak to an attorney
864-271-5545 Real Estate 864-878-3066

Child Custody Archives

How is custody decided between unmarried parents?

Families in South Carolina come in all manner of configurations. It is not at all unusual for a child to live with only one of his or her parents. Equally, in many families parents do not choose to get married. However, what effect does this have on child custody if these parents do not stay together?

What are grandparents' rights to visitation?

When the parents of a child go their separate ways in South Carolina, it can be a difficult time for all concerned. Custody needs to be decided and visitation arrangements must be made for the non-custodial parent. Generally, the best interests of the child are kept at the heart of all this and steps are taken to ensure that the child receives as much access to each parent as possible.

Know what to do if your child is abducted

There are many former couples in South Carolina who do not see eye to eye. However, most do their best to get along for the benefit of their children. They may not agree with each other's decisions, but it is easy to assume that each believes they have the child's best interests at heart. However, for some parents the custody arrangement does not work out the way they hope. They find themselves unable to spend the amount of time they wish with their children.

How does South Carolina decide child custody?

Negotiating child custody can be a long and emotionally taxing progress, particularly if you and your former partner no longer see eye to eye. Although there is a good chance that you both have the best intentions for your children, those intentions may not complement each other. If this is the case, the matter may need to go to court.

The venue of your custody case depends on your location

Whether you and your child's other parent have divorced, separated, or never planned to be a couple, you may both still wish to spend as much time as possible with your child. Sometimes couples can reach an amicable agreement on this, but this is not always the case. Often the matter must go to court, but what happens if your child's other parent lives in another state? As is explained here, there are a number of factors which can affect where your case is heard.

South Carolina mother loses custody of her daughter

Most parents want the best for their children, but it is not always easy. Childcare is expensive and many families struggle to earn enough to make ends meet. It can be tough enough for two-parent families to balance their working lives with the cost of supporting a family. Imagine the strain on single parents who still need their child to be cared for, but may not have the income to hire anyone. This can occasionally lead to complicated child custody cases as a loving and otherwise suitable parent may lack the means to care for their child.

Child-endangerment rules in conflict with marijuana laws

As is the case throughout the U.S., child custody laws in South Carolina aim to preserve the best interests and well-being of the child or children concerned. This usually means access to both parents unless either of them is deemed to be a danger to the child. However, in some states, child custody legislation has not kept up with changing laws surrounding marijuana use. This means that some parents have found themselves at risk of losing their children, despite adhering to state law.

Father arrested for child custody interference

When parents separate, the primary dispute between them is often who will get custody of their children. For some, a 50-50 split is workable and reasonable, but that doesn't suit everyone. In South Carolina, child custody laws aim to ensure custody agreements are in the best interests of the child. However, when one or the other parent disagrees with the decision, it can lead to legal battles, or even rash actions such as abduction.

Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help? Contact Us Today.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202

Aaron & Aaron
133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: 864-878-3066
Fax: 864-551-2084
Clemson Law Office Map

Seneca Office
811 Bypass 123
Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

Easley Office
708 W Main St
Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

Review Us