Clemson Lawyers For Out-Of-State Custody And Support Orders

Changing or enforcing child custody and support orders can be more difficult when one parent is in South Carolina and the other parent is in a different state.

At the law firm of Aaron & Aaron in Clemson, our attorneys are here to help you protect the best interests of your children. No matter what custody or support situation you are facing, call 864-271-5545 to discuss your situation with an experienced family law attorney.

Which State Has Jurisdiction Over My Child?

The first step in resolving a child custody or support dispute is determining which state has jurisdiction.

The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (also known as a UCCJEA) gives South Carolina courts the authority to rule on child custody and visitation issues if your child has lived here for six months or longer. Otherwise, your child's home state may have jurisdiction. Even if another state has jurisdiction, there are times when we can obtain temporary jurisdiction or change jurisdiction to a South Carolina court. We can also work with a lawyer in the state that has jurisdiction.

We are here to help you obtain your goals in all types of interstate child custody issues, including:

For Help With Out-Of-State Child Custody And Support Issues

Contact us today to set up a free consultation and discuss the custody or support issue you are facing. Based in Clemson, we are able to address the child custody issues of clients across South Carolina.


HOW CAN WE HELP? Contact Us Today.

Name *
I Have Read The Disclaimer *

We Have Three Convenient Locations To Serve You.

clemson office

133 Thomas Green Blvd, Suite 202 Clemson, SC 29631

Clemson Law Office Map

seneca office

811 Bypass 123 Seneca, SC 29678

Seneca Law Office Map

easley office

708 W Main St Easley, SC 29640

Easley Law Office Map

phone: (864) 271-5545 | Fax (864) 551-2084